- Login to Bongo4U Admin Mode and go to the page that you want to add the Gallery to by clicking on that page's link in the navigation.
- Once you are on the correct page, hover your mouse over the "Page Menu" link located near the top of the page. The Page Menu will appear.
- Hover over the "Add to This Page" option and a sub-menu will appear.
- Click on the "Gallery" option on the sub-menu. This will add a Gallery block to the bottom of the page. You are NOT done yet.
- Set the initial block options to suit your preference (or just take the defaults):
- Thumbnail Height: Set the height of the gallery thumbnail images in pixels. The thumbnail widths will be automatically determined based upon the aspect ratio (shape) of each image. Enter a positive integer between 24 and 600. If you don't know what to use, try 120 and adjust it higher or lower later if you don't like the size of the resulting thumbnail images.
- Space Between Thumbnails: Increases or decreases the spacing or gap between the thumbnails.
- Justify Thumbnails: If enabled, will left and right justify each row of thumbnails. If disabled, the rows of thumbnails will only be left justified.
- Random Order Of Images: If enabled, each invocation of the gallery block (page) will display the images in a different order. If disabled, then the images will always be displayed in the same order.
- Image Captions: If enabled, then you will be able to enter a caption or short description for each image (a new field will appear below each filename).
- You need to prepare each gallery image by resizing them to be a maximum width of 1600 pixels and a maximum height of 1600 pixels. They don't all need to be the same width or the same height, but images that are wider or higher than 1600 pixels will be rejected since it will take the page too long to load because it needs to dynamically generate a thumbnail image for each gallery image. Any images that don't exceed 1600 pixels for width or height do not need to be resized. Instructions: Photo Resizing & Cropping Help
- For each image that you want to upload into your gallery, click one of the [Browse Images] buttons. In the pop-up window, click the "Upload" tab and follow the simple instructions. By default, the gallery form contains fields for up to ten images. If you need more images, just click the "Add More Images" link, which will add fields for ten more images each time it is clicked, up to a maximum of 75 images in a gallery. Repeat for each image you wish to add to this gallery.
- When you are finished, press the [Save Changes] button. This creates your gallery at the bottom of the current page.
Note 1: If you receive an error after pressing [Save Changes] then the error messages will tell you which images are the wrong size. Resize those images and re-upload them into the Gallery block before continuing. Do NOT bypass the size error.
Note 2: How to resize and/or crop your photos before uploading into a Gallery: Photo Resizing & Cropping Help
To move the Gallery block to the desired location on the page, refer to the "How do I change the order of blocks on a page" entry.
To add or replace Gallery Images (i.e. update an existing Gallery), refer to the "How do I add or replace Slideshow Images" entry since the method is the same for Slideshow and Gallery blocks.